The Low Income Weatherization Assistance Program (LIWAP) provides homeowners and renters with cost-effective, energy-efficient home improvements free of charge. Our goal is to help you lower your utility bills and ensure you and your family are living in healthy and safe conditions. Bonded and insured professional contractors will do the work, helping you feel comfy and cozy in your home.
- Signed and dated application (below).
- Photocopy of the main applicant’s social security card.
- Copies of income for everyone in the house for the 3 months prior to your application date (ex: if you signed the application in April, we need your income for January 1st-March 31st).
- Copies of your recent gas and electric bills (your utilities must be on in order to be eligible).
- Copies of your Recorded Deed as proof of homeownership, or a completed Landlord Agreement Certification, as found in the renter application below.
- Be within 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
What is Weatherization?
Often people confuse weatherization with winterization. The difference between them is time. Winterization projects are short-term and aim for temporary changes that have small benefits. Weatherization, on the other hand, involves long-term and permanent improvement of your home’s comfort and energy efficiency. Winterization projects only make sense if you are a short-term renter. If you plan to stay in your home or mobile home, it’s more effective to weatherize.
Download and complete the PDF application below to apply for services.