The Low Income Weatherization Assistance Program (LIWAP) provides homeowners and renters with cost-effective, energy-efficient home improvements free of charge. Our goal is to help you lower your utility bills and ensure you and your family are living in healthy and safe conditions. Bonded and insured professional contractors will do the work, helping you feel comfy and cozy in your home.
- Signed and dated application (below).
- Photocopy of the main applicant’s social security card.
- Copies of income for everyone in the house for the 3 months prior to your application date (ex: if you signed the application in April, we need your income for January 1st-March 31st).
- Copies of your recent gas and electric bills (your utilities must be on in order to be eligible).
- Proof of Home Ownership – Recorded Deed (HOMEOWNER ONLY) stating you are the “Grantee”. This can be obtained through the county courthouse through the Recorder of Deeds Department at: www.claycountymo.gov, www.jacksongov.org, or www.co.platte.mo.us.
- Landlord Agreement Form – (RENTER ONLY).
- Be within 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Community Action Agency of Greater Kansas City CAAGKC is taking every necessary precaution to make sure our clients are safe during COVID-19. Upon entering your home for Weatherization services, our staff is dressed in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect you and them. After each home visit, the PPE is disposed of and replaced with new equipment for the next audit. We weatherize homes, mobile homes, and duplexes up to a five plex.
What is Weatherization?
Often people confuse weatherization with winterization. The difference between them is time. Winterization projects are short-term and aim for temporary changes that have small benefits. Weatherization, on the other hand, involves long-term and permanent improvement of your home’s comfort and energy efficiency. Winterization projects only make sense if you are a short-term renter. If you plan to stay in your home or mobile home, it’s more effective to weatherize.
Download and complete the PDF application below to apply for services. Please email your application to: email@example.com.