CAAGKC was founded to help people and change their lives for the better. Here’s how we were able to impact the community in May & June:
- We established a new partnership with aSteam Village to sponsor 30 kids for summer camp.
- We established a new partnership with Soiree Steak and Oyster House to provide 50 school lunches a day to kids in summer school until June 26th.
- We assisted 32 University Academy families with gift cards for groceries.
- We partnered with Truman Medical Centers Mobile Market to provide families with fresh fruits and vegetables.
- We assisted Clay, Jackson, and Platte county residents with their rent and utility bills, assisted with evictions of up to 3 months, and aided the homeless.
- We established a new partnership with Impact Resource Center to assist with their food and toiletry drive through to help families affected by COVID-19.
- We established a new partnership with Platte Senior Center to deliver care packages to home-bound Seniors.
- We continued to provide support for our food and toiletry pantries partners.
- We provided over $50,000.00 in additional funding for pantries.
- We collaborated with Palestine Senior Center to deliver 180 boxes of food to Seniors in their apartments.
- We worked with Total Man CDC and targeted the homebound to give 50 households up to $100.00.
- We provided 60 employees who were laid off from the airport with up to $100.00 for their families.
- We provided 44 employees who were laid off from Zona Rosa with up to $100.00 for their families.
The whole point of what we do here at CAAGKC is to help people move out of poverty and become financially independent. Below are just a few of our stories of success. These stories will inspire you and help you remember that you are not alone in this fight. CAAGKC is here to help you reach your goals and be all you can be. Do you want to share your success story with the community? Let us know.
Nicholas and Tabitha
It had been a difficult fall for Nicholas and Tabitha, to say the least. Tabitha had developed some major health issues and was unable to work. And just like that, half their income disappeared…
Margo and Demetrius
It can happen to anyone. One day you are working at a good job, living life and raising your child, and the next moment everything you have worked for is in jeopardy…
Like many high school juniors, Tanesha wasn’t exactly sure what she was going to do after graduation. She was raised in a less than ideal neighborhood and college seemed like just a pipe dream. But Tanesha had the opportunity to join a select group of students participating in the P.A.V.E. the Way program…
For 26 years, Carol has lived in her home. It has been the scene of numerous birthday parties, holiday dinners, and visits from the tooth fairy; holidays spent in the kitchen and vacations spent on the porch. Many joys (and sorrows) have run through the halls of her home, leaving behind the telltale scuffs and scratches of age.