What is Supportive Services?
Supportive Services offers individuals and families services that are free and accessible which facilitate achievement of economic security.
To qualify, your household income may not exceed 125% of the federal poverty guideline and you must be dedicated to following the process.
Family Self Sufficiency Case Management
The FSS Case Management program is designed to increase earned income, identify barriers preventing the customer from the achievement of intermediate and long-term goals, and connect the customer with services and resources they may need to access to achieve goals. Services include opportunities for the customer to engage an array of services that lead to long-term economic independence.
- Workshops – Offered virtually on a monthly basis and include topics such as Budgeting, Renters Rights, Parenting Support, Job Readiness, Nutrition, Financial Planning, and Conflict Resolution.
- Occupational Skills Training – Online self-paced classes including: Medical, Legal, and Industrial.
Emergency Crisis Services
We provide emergency assistance to stabilize individuals and families in crises. These services include:
- Rental Assistance – Assistance in the form of past due payment/assistance with 1st month’s rent
- Utility Assistance (Water Only) – Assistance in the form of a one time payment that helps avoid the
disconnection of your water service
- Transportation – $50 Bus pass or assistance with travel reimbursements up to $300
- Medical – Assistance with low cost medical prescriptions, glasses, one time co-pay, etc.
- Clothing – Assistance with clothing needs due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. fire)
- Legal Services – Assistance with one time legal fees
- Domestic Violence – Can provide you and your family assistance with temporary housing
- Car Repairs – Assistance up to $1000 in repairs
- Proof of Identification – Assistance with getting your Driver’s License, Social Security Card, or Birth Certificate
Click on the link below to apply for services.
Food and Toiletry Pantries
We partner with over thirty (30) food and toiletry pantries geographically located throughout the Kansas City Metro. Click on the link below for a list of pantries to find one near you.
Find a Pantry