What We Do
Community Action Agency of Greater Kansas City is the primary source of direct support for more than 150,000 people living in poverty in Kansas City. The mission of CAAGKC is to assist low income residents of Clay, Jackson, and Platte counties, Missouri in the effort to become self-sufficient by providing emergency utility, food and housing assistance to improve the quality of the lives and the opportunity to eliminate the causes of poverty.
We provide a potent mix of 14 programs and services to help people help themselves.
- Community Coordination - Partner with neighborhood and community organizations, provide information and referrals
- Emergency Services - Food & Tolietry Pantries, Energy Assistance, Crisis Energy Assistance
- Family Development - Day care resources, case management, counseling, support
- Employment/Training - Job readiness, job training, and job creation
- Income Management - Budget counseling
- Transportation - Public transportation assistance, rural transportation assistance, on-demand transportation services assistance
- Housing - Self-help housing, rental assistance, weatherization
- Health Care - Prescription assistance
- Economic Development - Water and sewer
- Youth Services - Education as a pathway out of poverty
We envision a world without poverty!