Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
Community Action Agency of Greater Kansas City has an Energy Assistance programs designed to alleviate the immediate threat of utility service disconnection and to assist residents in getting utility service restored to their homes. The Missouri Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) has two components: Energy Assistance (EA) and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP). Eligibility requirements for LIHEAP are based on income, household size, available resources, and responsibility for payment for home energy costs. EA is designed to provide financial assistance to help pay primary fuel source heating bills. The EA benefit amount is based upon household size, income and the type of fuel used for home heating. ECIP is designed to provide financial assistance to households in a verifiable energy crisis.
Required LIHEAP Documentation:
- Completed LIHEAP Application.
- Proof of all household income from the previous month for all household member(s) not on your Food Stamp case.
- Copies of social security documentation for all household members if you are currently not receiving assistance from Food Stamps.
- For winter heating assistance, a copy of current utility bill from your primary heat souce and/or disconnection notice.
- For summer cooling heating assistance, a copy of current disconnection notice from electric provider
Click Here for the 2016-17 LIHEAP Application:
Please print, complete, and mail signed application along with required documentation to an office nearest you.
Kansas City, MO 64133
Independence - Hawthorne Place Apartments
16995 Dover Lane
Independence, MO 64056
3100 N.E. 83rd Street, Suite 1201
Kansas City, MO 64119
108 South Thompson Avenue
Excelsior Springs, MO 64024
412 Aller Street
Tracy, MO 64079
To contact Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) Call 816.358.6868 press option 1